Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Royalty of San Francisco Carnaval 2006

I have been away from the blog for quite some time. To make amends, here are some images from the King and Queen contest of San Francisco Carnaval 2006. If you like, see many more unprocessed proofs in my event galleries.

Carnaval is always colorful with fantastic rhythms, music and spirited dancing by the beautiful people.

In the first photo, Cristianne Marina Junqueira of Aquarela is caught up in the carnaval spirit.


Though it looks cool, it's very difficult to take a photo when the only light seems to be red. I wish the light folks would mix some yellow, green or blue light as red does not seem to register very well on the film/sensor. This is one of the images I liked.




Luis Fernando, the newly crowned king of SF Carnaval is all smiles with his electrifying moves.

I chatted with the newly crowned queen, Monique Perry after the event when I took this picture. She was very gracious and soft-spoken. As I waited for the ballroom light to shine blue, she posed very patiently.

My congratulations to the newly crowned royalty of San Francisco Carnaval!

No comments: