Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Surya: Burning man 2006



The last couple of months have been incredibly busy. Just haven't had the energy to post anything for a while. It's halloween and this time I did not go to San Francisco to take pictures.

This was also the first year I went to burning man in Black Rock desert. I have been to two Kumbh melas and this was the closest to Kumbh mela. I was there for only two and a half days and sure hope I get to go again. There was so much energy and art around; I loved it! I slept about four hours each night getting back after my feet hurt - tottering back to my tent with my camera bag which felt even heavier. I met some real nice and cool people at burning man. Having had this experience, I can officially call myself a 'burner'. :)

At the belgian burn, I met Surya, resplendent in a dazzling silver dress. She is a rafter and a real estate agent and very kindly agreed to pose. I am posting two images that I took of her. More pictures of some cool people to follow on my website...hopefully soon!

Happy Halloween to you! Take pictures and don't get spooked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you. The picture is beautiful and I can't wait to see more. I will pass your message to our friends. Hope to see you again next year!!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Nice Burning Man pics. Please post more. Great having you as a campmate on the Playa this year. You are indeed now a "Burner."

See you in 2007 (on & off the Playa, I hope.)

Raul